Disciples of Lyssa -- Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Council Approach.

Go down

New Council Approach. Empty New Council Approach.

Post  Memnoch The Prophet Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Being that I've stripped officers out of fairness for everyone, because we are a completely new guild, I've decided to try a different approach -- you see, as the only one able to send invites to any interested gamers, we're just recruiting too slowly to get enough members to even begin the first voting session for the High Council. So, I've made everyone an officer -- please, don't make me regret this decision. This is only temporary, and it's so that everyone has the opportunity to evaluate peoples' performance as officers. This makes the voting process a lot easier, while simultaneously allowing about 5 times the recruitment potential.

Now, first off, you don't HAVE to do anything... if you simply have no interest in being on the council or you don't want to invest your time in recruiting, don't -- also, don't feel that you have to help every member with every little issue because of this -- this isn't a race to see who can give away more gold, or do more power-leveling. Each of you have your own standard as to what it takes to be an effective leader, so keep these things in mind, especially up until the time comes for the voting process.

Some general guidelines when recruiting:

1. Use a simple, easily understandable chat post in game. Something like,
"Disciples of Lyssa are recruiting|PvX|Full Hall|Kurz|Alliance|Web Site|Active|Mature|PM me for more info or interview."
You don't have to use this exactly, but it should provide as much information about us as possible within the character limit.

2. Pay close attention to the words "active" and "mature." While interviewing a potential recruit, keep these two things at the forefront of your mind -- this isn't just some fancy recruiting jargon, this is what our guild is based on. We don't want any 10-year-old kids who are constantly running around asking for free stuff and assistance with anything and everything. We also don't want people who are just wasting a member spot, only coming online once every few weeks. If you're interested in that kind of guild, you're in the wrong place. :p You can use your own judgment on these things, but I personally tend to consider online at least once every few days active. Yes, we are strict, but that's what separates great guilds from mediocre ones.

3. As a member of The Disciples of Lyssa (especially as an officer) you are representing the entire guild -- please don't do anything rude or obnoxious to slander our good name. Treat other players with respect and common courtesy.

Thank you for your time. I will add any additions to this as time goes on. Good luck to you all, and keep in mind, the primary goal in any game is to have fun. ^^

Memnoch The Prophet
Admin

http://DisciplesofLyssa.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum